Software Engineer - Virtual Machine Engine
Seattle, WA (Remote possible)
Turbo is a virtual computing platform that lets you launch any desktop application from your browser – no installs necessary.
Turbo makes virtualization software that allows businesses, developers, and consumers to stream popular desktop applications (like Firefox, Skype, Sublime Text) over the web without installs.
Founded in 2006, Turbo.net is a profitable, rapidly growing company with a multi-million dollar revenue base. Our products are used by thousands of organizations, tens of thousands of software developers, and millions of end users.
The Turbo Virtual Machine is a fully user-mode emulation layer for core OS filesystem, registry, and kernel subsystems. The Turbo VM allows applications to be deployed in ready-to-run virtual environments that execute in isolated virtual environments. Turbo Studio is our authoring environment for virtualizing applications.
Our engineers work on extremely challenging systems problems. We develop primarily in C/C++ and C# and expect our developers to be able (and eager) to quickly learn new languages and technologies.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop and debug software in C/C++ and C#
- Ability to solve extremely challenging systems problems
- Enthusiasm for learning new languages and technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere
Why work at Turbo?
- Work alongside Turbo's CEO and senior engineers
- Stock options in a profitable, rapidly growing, employee-owned company
- Awesome salary, stock options, and benefits
- Flexible hours with a generous vacation and sick leave policy
- Spontaneous company vacations to places like Hawaii, Las Vegas, and Miami
- Happy hour and catered lunches every Friday
- Game room with ping pong and N64 if you need to blow off some steam... or if you just want to play Mario Kart
- Great coworkers, zero bureaucracy, casual work environment, and a fully-stocked office kitchen